Aaaahhh! I'm so sad. I went back in to edit the original post (remove the donation button) and it deleted everything. I can't, for the life of me, get it to cooperate and let me insert a copy of the original post. So sorry! If you want to see the sweet comments, click here. This post contains the original one and an update. :)
I am so thankful for all of you. Whether you donated a product, money, got the word out (or all three), I thank you. We were able to raise $6,332.64!!! Wooohoo! :) I just sent an email to Lane's mom asking her to let me know the best way to send the money. I'm working on a 'collective letter' from all of us who donated. Hopefully I hear something back today. I'll post screenshots & let you know what she says. Again, thank you SOOOOO much and keep those prayers going for Lane and other children who are fighting 'the monster.'
Here are the screenshots below! Word to the wise (or inexperienced PayPal users), make sure you become a 'verified' user before trying to send more than $2000. Apparently there's a limit and it takes a bit longer to get your bank account confirmed. :) Thanks again everyone!
"March 4, 2010 @ 10yrs old Lane was Dx with Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma stage IV. He relapsed July 22, 2011 & May 8, 2012. Please pray for our 13yr old son as he fights this "monster" for the 3rd time. Miracles happen and he has to be one of them!!!"
I encourage you to check out his Facebook page before you read on... Lane's Facebook Page. Here's a recent news story:
So. How can we help? Basically, you donate $ and then I send you a 'virtual gift bagt' filled with products that my amazing teacher-blogger-friends donated because they're seriously amazing. I got a ton of responses right away. Overwhelmed.
There are 50 products. Yes. F-I-F-T-Y. Can you believe it? Have a look below to see what you'll get if you donate. (Note: I've scaled these down from how they were when I first posted. Saves a little space. :))
- You MUST donate a minimum of $30 to receive the pack of products. If you want to donate more, then I'll send you a virtual hug too. :) If you don't care about getting the products, then please donate straight to into Lane's account. This way we can avoid as many 'transaction fees' as possible.
- This PayPal account is my own. There is a code connected to the button that will tell me that you're donating for this cause and I will be able to keep all of the funds raised in a separate group. It's setup this way so that I'll be able to verify donations and use the email provided to send you your stuff!
- This donation button will be active for 1 week: September 25 - October 2.
- Once you donate, please allow 72 hours to receive your link with the products. If it has been longer than 72 hours, please contact me via email@example.com.
- The products will be sent to the email provided with your PayPal Account.
- After the drive is over, I will remove the donation button and send all of the funds over to Lane's family. I promise I will let you know exactly how much we're able to raise, show you verification screenshots of the transfer, and any response we get from Lane and his family.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I truly believe we can make a huge difference in this little boys life. I realize that Lane is not the only child battling cancer at the moment, but he's been tugging at my heart all week. Maybe it's because he's from my home state... or maybe it's because he's making the best out of this terrible situation. Making a difference in one life is better than none. So, thank you sooooo much for the prayers and donating! I hope you enjoy all of the goodies that we have gathered for you!